Newsletters should have been distributed to all students by now, either electronically or by paper. Please let us know if you haven’t received a copy! 2010 November 15 Newsletter version 2.
- There is a report card writing day for intermediate students (grades 4 to 7) on Friday, November 26th. Primary report card writing day (grades K to 3) is Monday, November 29th.
- We are planning a movie night on November 26th – a G rated movie will be shown in the multipurpose room at 7pm, reasonable prices, watch for more information coming home soon.
- Primary hot lunch day (pizza!) on Friday, November 26th. Watch for forms coming home soon.
- Next PAC meeting is Wednesday, December 8th.
- French Immersion teachers are holding a parent meeting Wednesday, November 17th, 6:30 – 7:30 in the library. This is to discuss ways in which we can continue to strengthen the programme in the Hart. Childcare and goodies will be provided! (CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER)
We’d like to make as big of a positive impact as possible by focusing our current limited resources on wide games –a game which can be played outside, can be started quickly, and requires minimum resources, i.e. soccer ball, traffic cones. One or two volunteers wearing orange vests can facilitate these activities.
Volunteers will be provided with basic equipment as well as information such as how to deal with conflict on the playground, and ideas for some common playground games.
- A big thank you to our volunteers who helped with the intermediate hot lunch day, safe start, playground surveying, and much more!
- Minutes from the November 10th meeting are available on the website.
- The website is the place for the most up to date information about the PAC and school. Email updates are available, so that you don’t have to keep checking for updates.
- The website also has information about various resources for dealing with the school system – for example, a parent guide for advocating for your child, information on individual education plans, and the district’s guide to resolving problems. Check the Resources tab, or the school office.
- And thank you to Tracy Christensen, who had been serving on the PAC executive. She has had to step down from this commitment, but will continue to volunteer in the school.