Every school is required by the Ministry of Education to develop and publish a School Plan for Student Success, which is a statement of goals, objectives, and strategies for improving student achievement in the school.
The school planning council, with the collaborative leadership of the principal:
- Develops, monitors, and reviews school plans
- Maintains processes to receive input from, and report to:
- the parent advisory council, and
- the school community
- Provides advice to the school board about:
- the allocation of staff and resources in the school,
- matters contained in the district achievement contract relating to the school, and
- education services and programs in the school
At the moment, the school planning council is planning 4 meetings to which the school community is invited. These meetings would all be at 4pm, at the school.
- April 5th – school staffing and organization planning for the upcoming school year. Steve Fleck plans to provide various scenarios in Excel format for people to view – so as to make the resource management as transparent as possible.
- April 26th – Educational planning and priorities for the upcoming school year.
- May 17th – followup meeting, educational planning and priorities for the upcoming school year.
- June 7th – Presentation of School Plan for Student Success 2011/12