Preventative Public Health Nursing services are offered to all school district 57 schools. The focus of these services is disease prevention and health promotion for school-aged youth and their families. The following is an overview of some of these services:
- Immunizations: Kindergarten Circuit in January 2012 @ the Health Unit, Grade Six, and grade Nines (done at schools);
- At Ecole Heather Park Elementary the school nurse is available from 0830-1015 on Wednesdays for one-on-one counseling or consultation with students/parents/staff about a variety of health-related topics. Ask at the office.
- Presentations to students, staff and parent/community organizations about health topics as requested. Talk to your school nurse, about scheduling.
- Consultations, health information and referrals are also available to students, staff and parents via the School and Youth Team on-call information phone line. Messages are checked daily and returned by 4pm.
- School and Youth On-Call Information Line:
Your school nurse is:
How can you contact her?: