The PAC newsletter for January 9 is available here.
The school newsletter is available here.
- Jan 24 – French Immersion Parent Information Night
- Jan 27 – Pro-D day
- Jan 31 – Fruit & Veggie Day
- Feb 1 – Kindergarten Registration Day
- Feb 3 – Downstairs Pizza Day
- Feb 14 – Fruit & Veggie Day
French Immersion Parent Information Night
All parents interested in registering their children in the French Immersion program are encouraged to attend the session at École Heather Park Elementary which will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm at the school.
Children whose fifth birthday falls on or before December 31, 2012 are eligible to enter Kindergarten in September 2012. A birth certificate and proof of address is required to register a child.
Further information will be available in the schools on pre-registration day, February 1, 2012
Note that the following schools will have Kindergarten program restrictions:
- College Heights Elementary
- Glenview Elementary
- Hart Highlands Elementary
- Heritage Elementary
- Vanway Elementary
Fruit & Veggie Day
Mixed Apples will be distributed to students on Tuesday, January 31.
Pizza Day for downstairs students will be Friday, February 3. Pizza is $2 per slice and the students will have a choice of Pepperoni, Cheese or Hawaiian pizza.
The PAC and school are starting a project to enhance the playground facilities around the school. There are three areas being considered for enhancement.
- The primary playground in front of the school. We are looking at adding a structure to the west of the existing play area to increase the options and capacity of that area.
- Moving one of the playgrounds from Austin Road School to part of the city owned area currently used for paved basketball courts to the south of the school.
- Adding two sets of cross-field goal posts to the city owned playing field to the south of the school to make it easier for younger children to use the playing field.
The PAC will be starting a fund raising effort in the next few weeks. We are planning to raffle an all expenses paid trip for four to a sporting event in Vancouver. Further details on this fund raising effort will be posted to the website in the near future.
If anyone would like to make a direct donation to the playground enhancement project, tax receipts are available through the school district. Please contact the PAC for more information if you would like to explore this option.
School Planning Council
We are still looking for parents interested in participating on this year’s school planning council. Please refer to the website for more information.
Regular emails go out to our distribution list of volunteers. If you’re interested in volunteer opportunities and you’re not already getting the emails, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Lisa Neukomn at email@example.com