May 25-27, 2012
Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
405 North Road
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3V9
Friday May 25 and Sunday May 27, 2012 the BC Council of Parent Advisory Councils will host its annual Spring Conference at the Executive Plaza Hotel in Coquitlam, BC.
The Parent Voice: Creating Connections to Support Student Success is a great opportunity for learning and networking. Early bird rates are available until April 30th.
Conference events are open to everybody but the AGM on Saturday May 26 is for members only.
BCCPAC is offering a varied program of interest. Below are some of the session highlights:
Friday May 25
- Honourable George Abbott, Minister of Education – come hear the Minister of Education speak
to parents and answer questions on issues and concerns.
- The Light at the End of the Hallway – an opportunity to explore how we are transforming the relationship between school, parents and community partners to focus on the development of the whole child.
- A Parent’s Brain on Stress: Fragile, Fried or Fortified? – This interactive session takes a close look at the effects of stress on the brain of a parent.
- Emergency Preparedness – is your home and school prepared? Make sure your parents and school staff know what they need to do!
Saturday May 26
- AGM – members only
Sunday May 27
- Enhancing Play Based Learning At Home – this practical session will provide parents with play based learning activities that can be adapted to the home environment.
- Healthy Minds Matter – This session will provide ideas for promoting good mental health, descriptions of behaviors that may indicate problems and how special needs may affect mental health.
- Worries & Woes in Your Child – How to Know What’s too Much! – Learn about Anxiety disorders and ways to help your child at home and at school.
For the complete conference program, other information and to register visit: