Here are the minutes of the general PAC meeting held on April 18. You can download them in pdf format from here.
The Treasurer’s report is available here.
The DPAC report is available here.
The Safety report is available here.
Ecole Heather Park Elementary Parent Advisory Council Meeting
Wednesday April 18, 2012
École Heather Park Elementary – Computer Room
Attendance: 11 parents, 0 guests
Note Canucks Game tonight
- Call to Order: 7:00 pm
- Review of Minutes: March 14th meeting minute were reviewed.
- Motion: Cindy moved to approve the minutes. Seconded by Pam. Carried
- Lesley reviewed the standard admin procedures for PAC meetings:
- Reviewed our financial status as of March 31, 2012.
- Financial review committee report
- Books very well done. A pleasure to review. Commendation to Leanne
- Discussion of options.
- Explained decision to restart the planning process. Exec was not happy with older options presented by Henderson so asked for new younger options.
- Have 3 playgrounds for older kids once Austin road moved to site.
- General agreement that the direction is OK.
- Steve explained the move of Austin Road to Heather Park site. Preferred option to move AR playground to city property was not supported by Bryan Mix. Now option is to move AR playground to area next to area where Springwood playground was moved to last year.
- Suggestion made to write letter to Tim Bennett regarding lack of drainage and sloughing of slope behind the school.
- Sarah provided report.
- A written summary was reviewed.
- Notice of motion for next meeting to reduce quorum to 8.
- Discussion about how to get more participation. Suggestion made to put bookmark like notice into planners on morning of PAC meeting. Discussion of incentive prizes.
- Gift card for Princess Auto for any guy who attends and brings another guy suggested.
- Budget and staffing plan being developed. Not detailed work at this time of year because of changes that can occur before September. Estimated enrolment numbers for next year presented 559 current number.
- Glenview and Hart Highlands have caps on kindergarten numbers. Not all registrations will have been done. Out of catchment transfers not being approved by Glenview and Hart Highlands because they don’t know what they will have for enrolment. If those transfers are not approved then more Ks and siblings may be coming to Heather Park. Steve believes that we will have more students in September.
- FRIMM numbers are interesting. Next year will have a very small 6/7 split but there is no other way. Steve is looking at a 150 FRIMM students out of a total school population of 600 in a few years.
- Discussion of school budget. Budget is based on conservative enrolment figures and Steve expects the numbers to go up substantially.
- Special Ed funds going down because special needs students moving on. Steve explained special needs funding. Overspent allocation last year by $2-300,000 when all factors are considered including supervision and teaching assistance.
- No teachers present.
- Online store on hold until fall term. New plan to put online store up at the end of September-early October.
- Friday April 20 – upstairs pizza day
- Tuesday April 24 – F&V day, sliced apples
- Friday May 4 – Downstairs Pizza day – need a volunteer to run pizza day
- Tuesday May 8 – F&V Sweet baby bell peppers
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 Next meeting Wednesday May 16 @ 6:45pm