The PAC newsletter for September 10 is available here.
The school newsletter is available here.
- Tuesday Sept 11 – Hockey Information Night
- Tuesday Sept 11 – Fruit & Veggie Day
- Wednesday Sept 19 – General PAC Meeting
- Friday Sept 21 – Terry Fox Run
- Thursday Sept 27 – Open House
Welcome to all our new and returning parents and guardians! We hope you take the opportunity to get involved in the school community in whichever way works for you. Our PAC meetings are held once a month and PAC newsletters are sent home with the school newsletter by email every two weeks. We also have a volunteer email list with regular updates on how you can help out in the school. Everyone is welcome and we are a friendly group! Together we can help support our school community
Fruit and Veggie Day
Plums will be distributed to students on Tuesday September 11.
General PAC Meeting
The next general PAC meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 19 at 7 pm in the computer room beside the library.
Childcare will be available and all parents and guardians of students enrolled in Heather Park, including parents of Strong Start students, are encouraged to attend. This is your opportunity to get involved with your school community.
Please contact the PAC if you have any questions.
- Do NOT drive into the bus loop during school hours for any reason. The bus loop is for buses and access to handicap parking only.
- Do NOT enter the visitor parking lot unless you are confident you will be able to park in a designated spot without causing congestion.
- Do use the parking lot at the Elksentre across Heather Road whenever possible.
- Do NOT park or stop in the handicap spots in the visitor parking lot unless you require handicap access.
- Do use the sidewalks beside the parking lots and bus loop for pedestrian access.
- Back into your parking stall whenever possible. This improves your sight lines and reduces the chance of collision when you are leaving.
- Read and obey the parking restrictions on street parking around the school.
Remember that there are playful, distracted children at the school and on the nearby streets, especially just before and after the school day. They might not see you so make sure that you see them and drive accordingly.
PAC Collection Box
There is a box in the office for collecting Campbell’s soup labels, receipts, and other PAC related papers.
The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils will be holding their Northern Regional Conference on October 20 in Prince George. Please visit http://sd57dpac.ca/conference/ for more information.
Please contact Lisa Neukomn at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering at the school or at school events.