The PAC newsletter for May 27 can be downloaded in pdf format here.
The school newsletter is available here.
- May 30 – Talent Show 6:30-8:30pm
- May 31 – Extreme Pita Hot Lunch
- May 31 – Grade 5,6,7 Dance 7-9pm
- June 1 – Pub Night (Quebec Trip Fundraising)
- June 4 – Fruit & Veggie Day
- June 13 – Grade 4 Fort St. James trip
- June 13 – Grade 5 Barkerville trip
- June 14 – CHANGED DATE Primary Report Card Writing Day (K-3)
- June 20 – Sports Day & PAC Subway Lunch
- June 20 – Grade 7 Dance
- June 20 – PAC Meeting, Executive Elections
- June 27 – Last Day of Classes
- Primary Assembly – am
- Intermediate Assembly – pm
Fruit & Veggie Day
Strawberry tomatoes will be distributed to students on Tuesday June 4th.
General PAC Meeting & Elections
The next general PAC meeting will be held on Thursday, June 20 at 7 pm in the computer room beside the library.
Childcare will be available and all parents and guardians of students enrolled in Heather Park, including parents of Strong Start students, are encouraged to attend.
We will be electing people to the following executive positions:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
The following are brief descriptions of the duties of each position:
- The Chair presides at meetings and speaks on behalf of the parents.
- The Vice-Chair assumes the duties of the Chair in the Chair’s absence.
- The Secretary ensures that members are notified of meetings, and is responsible for the minutes.
- The Treasurer ensures all funds are properly accounted for, keeps records of the organization’s budget, and prepares financial reports.
Directors serve in other capacities as determined by the Council. In this past year, we have had two director positions:
- The Volunteer Coordinator seeks volunteers and matches volunteers with positions.
- The Communications Coordinator is responsible the website, newsletters, and emails.
Please contact the PAC if you have any questions or would like to discuss any of these positions.
We now have new signs at the entrance of the bus loop as a reminder that private vehicles are not to enter the bus loop during school hours.
This is for the safety of the children. Now that the weather has improved many classes are outside for their gym time so, children are outside throughout the school day.
If you are dropping off something for your child during school hours please use the visitors parking lot.
If you are able to assist around the school, please contact Lisa Neukomn at firstname.lastname@example.org .