École Heather Park Elementary School Parent Advisory Council
Constitution and Bylaws
The name of this Council is École Heather Park Elementary School Parent Advisory Council.
The Council will operate as a non-profit organization with no personal financial benefit accruing to members.
The business of the Council will be unbiased in respect of race, religion, gender, politics, sexual orientation, and physical or mental ability.
1. All parents and guardians of students registered in École Heather Park Elementary are voting members of the Council.
2. Administrators and staff (teaching and non-teaching) of École Heather Park Elementary may be invited to become non-voting members of the Council.
3. Every member will uphold the constitution and comply with these bylaws.
4. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Council in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the Council may adopt.
1. Except as provided elsewhere in these bylaws, all matters requiring a vote will be decided by a simple majority of the votes cast.
2. In the case of a tie vote, the chair does not have a second or casting vote and the motion is defeated.
3. Members must vote in person on all matters. Voting by proxy will not be permitted.
4. Voting is by a show of hands or, where requested by two voting members present or for elections, by secret ballot.
5. A vote will be taken to destroy the ballots after ballots are used.
1. The executive board will manage the Council’s affairs between general meetings.
2. The executive board will include the president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and such other members of the Council as the membership decides. Officer positions can be shared.
3. Any voting member of the Council is eligible to serve on the executive board.
4. The executive board may meet by teleconference if necessary.
Constitution and Bylaw Amendments
Amendments to the Constitution and By-laws of the École Heather Park Elementary School Parent Advisory Council may be made at any general meeting at which business is conducted, providing:
1. Written notice of the meeting has been given to all members (14 days minimum). Notice posted on the PAC website 14 days in advance is considered to be sufficient notice.
2. The notice of the meeting shall include the amendments proposed.
3. A two-thirds (2/3) majority vote by voting members present will be required to amend the Constitution and By-laws.