Remember – all are welcome to attend!
Parent Advisory Council Meeting Agenda
April 13, 2011 6:45 pm – 7:00 pm (Social Time)
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Meeting)
Computer Room – École Heather Park Elementary School
i) Call to Order followed by Introductions/Welcome (3 min)
ii) Approval of Minutes from last meeting (2 min)
iii) Present the agenda (2 min)
iv) Administrative Matters (5 min)
• Issues or ideas that can’t be addressed when identified will be “parked” and addressed as soon as possible
• Executive met on March 9th immediately after the last meeting to action all items; met again on April 6th to set the agenda for this meeting. Will meet immediately following today’s meeting to action all items from today’s meeting.
• Minutes were posted on the PAC website and the draft agenda for this meeting was posted on the website on Monday April 11th.
v) Safety Committee Meeting with Trustee Lois Boone
vi) Status of finances and banking matters– Leeann (5 min)
vii) Funding requests – (15 min)
• Transfer of additional gaming funds to Kelly Road
• Hand washing stations
• Reflective “Blanket” for evacuation in winter
• Teacher wish list
viii) Bylaws – (10 min)
ix) Principal’s Forum – Q & A (5 min)
x) Teacher liaison (3 min)
xii) The Keg Community Grant (5 min) – suggest benches and picnic tables
• Other Ideas – brainstorm – limited time – need a champion
xiii) DPAC – Sarah (3 min)
xiv) SPC status report – do we have a parent interested in participating?
xi) Information Dissemination (5 minutes)
• Soap is back in the washrooms
• Lois Boone is advancing the safety issues
• Upcoming events – egg drop April 21st, movie night on April 15th – donations rather than admission, June 9th tentative date for Sports Day, June 16th Grade 7 Pancake Breakfast, Welcome Back BBQ later in August
• Playground update
• Will add a Community Announcements page to the electronic newsletter
• We need PAC executive for next year – election coming in June
xv) Address “parked” issues as time permits – defer to next meeting if not (5 min)
xvi) Next meeting May 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm.
xvii) Meeting Adjournment